Alesis ControlPad
Alesis ControlPad
anna-lyse anna-lyse

«  Simple and effective »

Publié le 02/06/11 à 18:01
I use the ControlPad 2 years.
I was looking for a controller of this type in order to trigger clips in Ableton Live while playing on my Roland TD12. I just need a MIDI controller that can be played with drumsticks, but that does not necessarily owned banks internal sounds or samples such as Roland SPD, which would have done the same thing, but at a much higher.
For this use I find the perfect ControlPad. Ability to configure each individual pad (sensitivity, velocity curve, threshold, note number, MIDI channel) and the over 20 presets.
Only drawback for me: ControlPad can send program change messages, but unlike inability to change the preset ControlPad by sending a program change message. Apparently it is possible but complicated via SysEx message. Another somewhat negative: ControlPad is very cumbersome in a drum set. But is the price of comfort for 8 large pads easier to aim!

The price / quality ratio is very respectable. I would do this choice without hesitation. It does exactly what I asked him to do, neither more nor less, for a very affordable price.