Audio Damage has announced the release of BigSeq2, a massive extension to the feature set of Audio Damage's BigSeq gate effect.
With twelve sequencers controlling ten effects in six blocks, BigSeq2 is "capable of everything from short staccato gate sequences to long, evolving filter sweeps and frequency shifts, and everything in between," according to Audio Damage.
The six effect "Blocks" contain ten effects in total, and these Blocks can be re-arranged simply by dragging them, giving you control over the routing of the effects. Each effect Block has a gate sequencer and a modulation sequencer. The gate sequencer turns that effect on and off (or in the case of the delay Block, activates the "send" control), while the modulation sequencer can affect any and all parameters in that block.
- Ten effects in six blocks, each with its own step sequencer, modulation sequencer, and time base.
- The gate and modulation sequencers for each effect block run on their own time-base, allowing different time signatures and step times for each effect.
- Each block has several parameters which can be altered via the modulation sequencer for that block.
- The effects blocks can be re-arranged in any order.
- Each sequencer has three independent modes of operation: forward, reverse, and random step. In addition, each of the twelve sequencers can be completely randomized at regular selectable intervals, for interesting modulation and gating possibilities.
- The included effects are VCA, pan, multi-mode filter, fuzz, sine warp, delay (with chorus and flanger modes), frequency shifter (also providing ring mod and phasing), sample rate reduction, bit depth, and our own "Error" effect.
- MIDI Learn on all published parameters for external hardware control. (VST only.)
Pricing & Availability
Priced at $49, BigSeq2 is available as a VST effect plug-in for Windows XP SP2 and Vista, and a VST/AU combined installer for Mac OS X PPC and Intel. Note that the OS X versions require OS X 10.4.1 or later.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Rent-to-own Ozone 9 and Neutron 3 together on Splice Splice has bundled iZotope’s latest software audio processors and offers them at a lower price through their rent-to-own program.
- Over 150 free software tools to make music Making music with your computer when you don't have a penny is possible. And to prove our point here you have 150+ free software tools many of which don't have anything to envy their paid counterparts.