Audio Damage BigSeq2
Audio Damage has announced the release of BigSeq2, a massive extension to the feature set of Audio Damage's BigSeq gate effect.
With twelve sequencers controlling ten effects in six blocks, BigSeq2 is "capable of everything from short staccato gate sequences to long, evolving filter sweeps and frequency shifts, and everything in between," according to Audio Damage.
The six effect "Blocks" contain ten effects in total, and these Blocks can be re-arranged simply by dragging them, giving you control over the routing of the effects. Each effect Block has a gate sequencer and a modulation sequencer. The gate sequencer turns that effect on and off (or in the case of the delay Block, activates the "send" control), while the modulation sequencer can affect any and all parameters in that block.
- Ten effects in six blocks, each with its own step sequencer, modulation sequencer, and time base.
- The gate and modulation sequencers for each effect block run on their own time-base, allowing different time signatures and step times for each effect.
- Each block has several parameters which can be altered via the modulation sequencer for that block.
- The effects blocks can be re-arranged in any order.
- Each sequencer has three independent modes of operation: forward, reverse, and random step. In addition, each of the twelve sequencers can be completely randomized at regular selectable intervals, for interesting modulation and gating possibilities.
- The included effects are VCA, pan, multi-mode filter, fuzz, sine warp, delay (with chorus and flanger modes), frequency shifter (also providing ring mod and phasing), sample rate reduction, bit depth, and our own "Error" effect.
- MIDI Learn on all published parameters for external hardware control. (VST only.)
Pricing & Availability
Priced at $49, BigSeq2 is available as a VST effect plug-in for Windows XP SP2 and Vista, and a VST/AU combined installer for Mac OS X PPC and Intel. Note that the OS X versions require OS X 10.4.1 or later.
Viewers of this article also read...
- D16 Group Nithonat D16 Group has unveiled its next classic drum machine emulation - Nithonat, a Roland TR-606 emulation.
- DiscoDSP HighLife R3 Beta DiscoDSP has announced that R3 beta of the open source version of HighLife is now available.
- Xor and Mojo Plugins for Scope Platform Adern has announced the release of two new plugins for the Scope platform.