Ableton Orchestral Instrument Collection
Ableton announces the release of the Orchestral Instruments: four sampled instrument collections representing the four sections of an orchestra.
The instrument collections are available individually or as an attractively priced bundle. According to Ableton, Strings, Brass, Woodwinds and Percussion have been recorded in a number of velocities and articulations, employing the expertise of world-class musicians, engineers and producers. We're told tha the Orchestral Instruments are seamlessly integrated into the Ableton Live environment and use a technology called SmartPriming to manage system resources efficiently, providing big symphonic sound with a minimum of CPU action.
The instruments include violin, viola, cello, double bass, French horn, trombone, trumpet, tuba, flute, clarinet, bassoon, oboe, English horn, vibraphone, marimba, xylophone, crotales, glockenspiel, tubular bells, cymbals and timpani. Many instruments are provided in solo and ensemble variants and multiple articulations. Each instrument is available in a high-fidelity version for studio production and a lower-fidelity configuration for decreased overhead and instant performance.
The Orchestral Instruments were produced in partnership with SONiVOX.
Pricing and availability:
The Orchestral Instruments are available from the Ableton webshop as of May 5, 2008.
- Orchestral Instruments Collection - EUR 499/USD 599
- Orchestral Strings - EUR 159/USD 189
- Orchestral Brass - EUR 159/USD 189
- Orchestral Woodwinds - EUR 159/USD 189
- Orchestral Percussion - EUR 129/USD 159
Viewers of this article also read...
- Acon Acoustica 4.1 Released Acoustica 4.1 and Acoustica Premium 4.1 are now available.
- Westgate Studios Rare Winds And Harps Westgate Studios annuonces that the next two additions to their Modular Series are now available for download or on DVD.
- Version 7.5 of Orion (Windows) released This major update introduces a new audio engine with improved stability and support for multicore processors, also many workflow enhancements and a reworked VST 2.4 implementation.