TouchAble goes Mini for the iPhone
The TouchAble MIDI control app for Ableton Live on iPad is now available in Mini version for the iPhone and iPod Touch.
TouchAble Mini features more than 80% of the TouchAble v2 app for iPad, all optimized in a specially designed GUI for the small format of the iPhone and iPod Touch screen.
AppBC, the developer of the app, adds that you can connect an unlimited number of iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad to the same Live 8 or 9 session and control clips, mixer and more.
Following is a resume of the available controls:
- Clip and Scene launch
- Solo and Arm feature control
- Real time loop handling
- Overview function to navigate in the session
- MIDI Clip edit with Percussion and Melodic modes
- Mixer with volume, return and pan controls, crossfader, Snap and Multi-control modes, display of the volume values and monitoring
- Access to all Live, Max for Live, VST and AU plug-ins, some with a reproduction of the GUI of the plug-in in Live ; Snap and Combo modes for their control
- Virtual keyboard
- 8 MPC-type pads
- Scale, velocity, repeat mode, aftertouch and octave change
- XY Pad that allows for up to 12 simultaneous parameter control, with the ability to record and instantly record snapshots
- Browsing and actions in the the Live 9 library (only Live 9)
TouchAble Mini is available for the introductory price of $9.99 / £6.99 at the AppStore.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Free Lexicon 480L IR by Grant Nelson Grant Nelson offers its personal library of impulse responses from the Lexicon 480L digital reverb unit for free.
- Chronotron Mobile 1.0 has been released A touch-friendly version of the popular audio/video time-stretching plug-in has been released and is now available on the Microsoft Store.
- Friday’s Freeware: Oberheim flavor x3 If you’re an Oberheim fan, so are two fellow geniuses who developed a free and open source plug-in that emulates the OB-X, OB-XA and OB-8.