Yamaha FG-160
Yamaha FG-160

Other Acoustic Guitar from Yamaha belonging to the FG series.

MGR/ed MGR/ed

« Yamaha FG-160 »

Published on 02/16/02 at 15:00
Well, this is an old story as I purchased the guitar used in 1974 from a friend and have recently given it to my nephew as his first guitar. I bought it for $75 with no case and in need of new strings. The axe itself was and is in excellent condition as I bought a good hard case for it as soon as I could afford it. Being in college money was tight, but the guitar was beautiful and I wanted to protect it. The case cost me $35. A nice braided strap was added and it served me for over 25 years! Maybe not the best out there, but it is still a nice guitar, especially for the beginner, which I was at the time.

I like the finish and style. It may not have the best playing abilities, but is still a good solid guitar for the beginner. I hope my nephew appreciates it. Cosmetically, it is a very nice looking guitar and plays well. It's action could be better, but is manageable.

The action could be better.

Not being an expert, I cannot compare to the higher quality units out there, but it has served me well.

A good beginner unit for a serious learner.