[NAMM] IK Multimedia Lurssen Mastering Console
IK Multimedia presents Lurssen Mastering Console, a mastering software/app claiming to bring the techniques, workflow & knowhow of Lurssen Mastering.
Lurssen Mastering Console is IK Multimedia's new mastering tool that claims to puts a lifetime’s worth of professional mastering experience at anyone's fingertips. Created in collaboration with mastering engineer Gavin Lurssen, Rueben Cohen and their team at Lurssen Mastering in Los Angeles, it puts the user at the controls in the studio with all of the tools, settings and techniques that have made the Lurssen sound sought after by major recording artists and producers.
It means to faithfully recreates Lurssen's “whole is greater than its parts” philosophy of mastering through a mastering processor chain that has been created and tweaked by Lurssen and his team to reflect the settings they use in the studio while mastering hip-hop, rock, pop and more.
- a complete emulation of the entire mastering processing chain used by world-renowned mastering engineers Gavin Lurssen and Reuben Cohen and their team.
- Lurssen Mastering Console models and recreates the interactions between the individual processors in its chain down to the actual gear hookup schematics themselves.
- Available as an iPad app (with audio import from the iPad's music library) and plugins for Mac and PC (Audio Units, VST 2, VST 3 and AAX plug-in formats).
- 3 easy-to-navigate displays: A Studio view with controls, a Wave waveform view and a Chain view for individual processors
- 20 unique mastering templates, called “Styles,” that custom tailor its mastering processing chain for hip-hop, country, rock, Americana and more.
- Handy waveform display allowing to loop audio, view and edit automation data and move freely through your chosen song.
- Input Drive knob
- 5 band EQ with fixed frequency
- "PUSH" Knob to subtly enhance selected song passages via uniform EQ adjustment
- Full automation of audio content adjustment
- Linkable Input Drive control for stereo balance tweaks
- Input/Process assignable VU metering
- Stereo/Mono monitoring capability
- 88.2/96kHz DSP processing
The Lurssen Mastering Console app for iPad is a free app, but it only lets you demo all the settings and features (limited to first 2 minutes of audio, intermittent silence injected plus no output/export options) and a subsequent one-time in-app purchase is of course necessary to unlock all functions. It is already available from the iTunes store.
The PC and Mac version will be released in February. In the meantime, it is available as a presale for €239.99 (including VAT) instead of €359.99.
For more details, you can visit IK Multimedia's website.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM] Harrison to present Mixbus 3.1 Harrison has announced the upcoming version 3.1 of its Mixbus DAW, which will be demonstrated at the winter NAMM.
- Waves' dbx160 available for $49 Waves is having a special flash sale with the possibility to get their dbx160 plugin emulation at a total one third of its original full price.
- JST releases Finality limiter plugin Joey Sturgis Tones has released Finality, a limiter plugin declined in two versions - Lite and Advanced.