[NAMM] New Eurorack products from Waldorf
Waldorf presents new products to be released this year, including four Eurorack modules and one keyboard/controller.
A Eurorack-compatible controller, the KB37 can house up to 100 HP of modules in its angled panel that sits right on top of the high-quality 37-key Fatar TP9 keyboard (which transmits velocity and aftertouch, offers selectable note priority and features pitch and modulation wheels).
The CV interface features 8 CV outputs, Pitch, Velocity, Aftertouch, Pitchbend, Modwheel, 3 user-assignable MIDI controllers, 3 Trigger outputs and Gate as well as Clock & Reset outputs for MIDI sync. It also features a built-in regulated power-supply (+12V/-12V, 1.5A).
As for the new modules which join the NW1 Wavetable module which was released a few month ago, they are the following:
- the DVCA1 Dual VCA module is built around two VCAs with a wide range of options, including the ability to musically colour the signal through the Colour knob which adds a warmer and more colourful timbre to the signal, based on a finely-crafted state variable filtering circuit. Simultaneous linear and exponential controls as well as specialised AC and DC coupled inputs are also provided, while a positive gain control makes the dvca1 a true “amplifier,” and flexible link modes let the user create modulated panning.
- the CMP1 Compressor module is described as "a true high-end analogue compressor" which not only adds punch to the signal but can also be modulated in strange and unconventional ways. Side-chaining with a adjustable balance control also contributes to open a large set of modular possibilities. Additionally, the cmp1 has all the classic features to be expected from a modern compressor, including attack and release control, automatic and manual modes, hard & soft knee as well as output gain and bleed amount of the original signal.
- finally, the MOD1 Modulator module provides three different modulation sources in one module, making it the control center of your modular patch. From simple envelopes and LFOs to complex looped multi-stage curves, the mod1 is able to deliver rich and almost endless modulation options, all based on pure analogue circuitry for everything from smooth curves to sharp edges - while always retaining an "analog sound".
All these are expected to hit the shelves in the third quarter of 2016.
Viewers of this article also read...
- EHX reissues Super Space Drum analog drum synth Electro-Harmonix reissues the Super Space Drum Analog Drum Synthesizer, originally released in 1979.
- Status releases free "De Fuse" presets U-he's Hive Status has released releases De Fuse, a free collection of 51 presets for Hive by U-he.
- Prophet 12 gets linear FM synthesis, and more Dave Smith Instruments has released a new operating system for the Prophet 12 hybrid digital/analog poly synth, adding several requested features.