iZotope Nectar v1.1
iZotope has updated Nectar: Complete Vocal Suite to version 1.1 with a revamped Reverb, a new Doubler, Pitch workflow changes, and more.
- Nectar's Reverb has been overhauled for a better sound, according to iZotope, including improved workflow for dialing in vocal reverb settings. Because of these changes, users may notice that sessions saved with Nectar Version 1.0 sound different. For guidelines on adjusting the Reverb of existing sessions in Version 1.1, refer to this knowledgebase article.
- Adds a "Non-formant preserving" mode, designed to allow you to turn formant preservation on or off. Small (less than 1.5 semitone) shifts that occur in pitch correction often sound better with formant preservation turned off, while large shifts will be better with formant preservation on, the company says.
- In supported hosts, dragging a note in the Manual Pitch Editor now creates a color highlight to better see the target pitch of the note you're dragging.
- In supported hosts, dragging a note will also produce a tone so you can hear the target pitch of the note you're dragging.
- Pitch transpositions now sound more natural due to a change in the envelope shape.
- Optimizations to pitch correction algorithms.
- Adds Low, Medium, and High quality modes to the Doubler module. Note that the version 1.0 Doubler was the equivalent of the High quality mode.
- Doubler CPU usage should be lowered in Version 1.1 (5.7x at High quality and 13x at Low quality).
Other changes and fixes annnounced by iZotope:
- Improved host compatibility on OS X in 64-bit VST formats.
- Includes the new iZotope Crash Reporter to help customers submit crash reports to iZotope for diagnosis and bug fixing.
- In several hosts, keyboard shortcuts meant for the host are no longer "eaten" by some windows, especially in the floating Manual Pitch Editor window.
- Stability enhanced in several hosts. Rare crashes or hangs in isolated hosts were also fixed.
- Performance improvements for Tracking mode.
- Pitch algorithm quality improvements: fixed bugs causing glitching such as stuttering, clicking, and popping.
- Minor bugfixes and performance enhancements.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Rob Papen Punch Released Time+Space, the UK and European distributor for Rob Papen, has announced the release of Punch, Rob's new software instrument that combines sampled and synthesized drums with features for the contemporary music producer.
- Cinematique Instruments Banjo Cinematique Instruments has released Banjo, a sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
- Nightmaker Studios Educational Synth Nightmaker Studios has released a public beta of Educational Synth, a free virtual synthesizer instrument by Cosmic Boy.