Rob Papen Punch Released
Time+Space, the UK and European distributor for Rob Papen, has announced the release of Punch, Rob's new software instrument that combines sampled and synthesized drums with features for the contemporary music producer.
Punch is designed to let producers use drum synthesis to build their own drum kits as well as load their own samples into Punch to complete their kit.
- Drum Synthesis:
- 16 pads (2 bass drums, 2 snare drums, 2 open hi-hat, 2 closed hi-hat, 3 tom, 2 claps, 3 user drum) each with different models and a selection of classic and Punch presets.
- 8 Dual Sample slots preloaded with samples and available for you to load your own samples. Each has their own amp / pitch envelopes and filter envelope.
- Each drum has its own 'easy controls', distortion (20 different models), output destination (to dry or any of the 4 fx channels), and choke groups and can be previewed by clicking in the Drum Review Pad.
- Internal Sequencer: Punch has its own internal sequencer that can play eight different patterns of up to 16 steps long. Each pattern is composed of 4 tracks with each track having its own drum output. Users can control the velocity, panning, pitch, envelope speed, flaming, time offset and free row of each step in each track. Swing, flaming time and humanization controls are also available.
- Modulation/FX screen: 2 envelopes, 2 LFOs and 8 modulation slots, which allow you to use a wide variety of modulation sources to control Punch's parameters. The FX section features 4 FX, each with 26 different types of FX.
- Mixer Screen: Shows the volume and panning of all the controls, plus the FX mix and panning, allowing you to mix the drum sounds.
- "Easy" Screen: Features sliders allowing you to alter the main controls on the fly during use. All are available for MIDI-latching.
- Bank Manager: Displays all the banks and presets and allows you to load, save, copy and paste them. Also includes a search function.
Pricing & Availability
Punch has a RRP of £125.00 / €149.00 and is available to download now. It will also be shipping as a boxed product from around 1st June. Demo versions are available here.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Cinematique Instruments Banjo Cinematique Instruments has released Banjo, a sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
- Nightmaker Studios Educational Synth Nightmaker Studios has released a public beta of Educational Synth, a free virtual synthesizer instrument by Cosmic Boy.
- Clubic Audio Cubits Evolution v1.1 CubicAudio has released version 1.1 of its Cubits Evolution virtual synthesizer instrument plugin for Windows.