Cinematique Instruments Banjo
Cinematique Instruments has released Banjo, a sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
The banjo that CI used is a 5 String Banjo with a 33 cm diameter mahogany body. They say that they played and recorded the banjo in a number of ways to get "the typical banjo sound" – each in several velocity layer and 2 Round Robin variations.
After editing and processing the samples they first created a “Banjo Deluxe” patch which provides various styles of the Banjo, shortened notes feature, an octaver, a reverb knob and enhanced scripting. They've also added the noises of strumming the banjo. Then they came up with a “Banjo Muted” patch which features a "dry and warm staccato string sound" – similar to the “Baritone Ukulele Muted” instrument.
- Banjo Deluxe (4 different styles, 4 different sample sources in 2 Round Robin variations, several edit buttons, octaver, reverb, additional strumming noises).
- Muted Banjo (muted and warm version, simple but effective – fits perfect to the Baritone Ukulele Muted).
Pricing & Availability:
Banjo for Kontakt (requires Kontakt 3 or higher, full version) is available to purchase for 14 EUR excl. VAT.
For more information, visit the Cinematique Instruments website.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Nightmaker Studios Educational Synth Nightmaker Studios has released a public beta of Educational Synth, a free virtual synthesizer instrument by Cosmic Boy.
- Clubic Audio Cubits Evolution v1.1 CubicAudio has released version 1.1 of its Cubits Evolution virtual synthesizer instrument plugin for Windows.
- Waves MPX Master Tape Developed in association with producer/engineer Eddie Kramer (Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin), the MPX Master Tape plugin is modeled on a machine consisting of an Ampex 350 transport and 351 electronics.