Little Endian SpectrumWorx v2.1
Little Endian has announced the release of SpectrumWorx version 2.1 for Mac OS X (Intel) and Windows in the form of a VST-plugin.
This is the first version that supports Mac OS X. The Windows version has also been updated.
- Over fifty modules (pitch shifter, classic vocoder, wah-wah, robotizer, wobbler, autotune, reverser, etc.).
- Preset browser.
- Over 100 presets.
- Configurable LFOs.
- External audio support.
- Presets in XML format.
- User's Guide.
Pricing & Availability
The new version is available for evaluation and purchase at Little Endian's web site. It costs $119 for a Windows or Mac OS X license, $149 for a dual-platform license and $30 to cross-grade between Windows / Mac OS X.
Changes in SpectrumWorx 2.1
- Mac OSX 10.5 and 10.6 support.
- Preset browser "SaveAs" functionality.
- Preset browser "Revert" functionality.
- ".swp" preset file extensions from the Preset Browser display.
- The "Pitch Shifter" module:
- Renamed the "Band Pitch Shifter" module to "Pitch Shifter".
- Existing presets with the "Pitch Shifter" module will load correctly except that SW will warn you about missing start and stop frequency parameters, simply dismiss the warnings and press "Save" (to update the preset with the new Pitch Shifter setup).
- SW will handle existing presets with the "Band Pitch Shifter" module and will load them with as if they referred to the (new) "Pitch Shifter" (please update your affected presets as this special handling may be removed in a future version).
- Frecho: dry signal leakage.
- Crashes and/or lockups when automating global parameters.
- Lost automated parameter changes when rendering.
- Deadlock in Reaper when in demo mode.
- Hosts are now correctly notified about SW IO mode changes (including during project loading).
- Changed the Overlap factor parameter to take only power-of-two values thereby eliminating modes with inherent audible artifacts.
- Slightly polished exported parameter name generation.
- New preset name generation (name of the current program instead of simply "current").
- Significant overall speedup (up to 15%) and binary size reduction.
- Minor system resource usage reduction (SpectrumWorx no longer spawns unnecessary threads).
Viewers of this article also read...
- Vengeance Producer Suite - Philta XL Vengeance Sound has released Vengeance Producer Suite - Philta XL, a new filterbank plug-in for Windows and Mac OS X.
- 2CAudio Breeze 2CAudio has announced the release of Breeze, a new reverb plug-in that is described as "Aether's pristine eco-conscious cousin".
- LMMS Linux MultiMedia Studio Update Linux MultiMedia Studio, or LMMS, has been updated to version 0.4.9 for both Linux and Windows.