[Musikmesse] Korg Wavedrum Mini
Korg has announced the Wavedrum Mini, with built-in speaker, battery-powered portability, and a sensor clip designed to "transform nearly any object into an instrument," according to the company.
Wavedrum Mini highlights
- Portable percussion synthesizer built on Korg’s Wavedrum technology
- Play two sounds at once:
- Play one sound from the dynamic pad
- Play a second sound from any surface or object using the sensor clip
- 100 sounds ranging from acoustic tones to synthetic sounds
- 100 Rhythm patterns serve as a rhythmic guide or let you jam along
- 10 Preset audio effects; select an effect and enhance a sound
- On-board Looper allows unlimited overdub layering for complex, multi-sound patterns
- Share your sounds using the built-in speaker, or practice using headphones
- Battery operation lets you play anywhere
- AC Adapter and mounting strap are included
The Wavedrum Dynamic Percussion Synthesizer is designed for percussionists and drummers.
The Wavedrum Mini comes in aportable format – with a built-in speaker and battery power. In addition to its dynamic pad surface, the Wavedrum Mini also includes a sensor clip which can be attached to a table, cup, or any object, allowing it to be played as a percussion instrument. Using the sensor clip and the pad allows two sounds to be played at once, doubling the Wavedrum Mini’s performance potential, Korg says.
You can choose from 100 sounds, add in one of the 10 effects, play along to one of the 100 internal rhythm patterns, or record with unlimited overdubs using the built-in Looper.
No pricing info yet.
Check out the KORG website for more details.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Brady Drums Walkabout Series Drum maker Chris Brady's range of handmade snares include Jarrah, Marri, Sheoak and Tasmanian Blackwood. Chris has named his latest range after his tree-hunting endeavours.
- Craviotto C614UMFL Snare Italian manufacturer Craviotto adds the C614UMFL snare drum to its 2011 catalog.
- Sonor Ascent Series The new Sonor Ascent Series marks the revival of the Beech Shell construction that has been a historical trademark of Sonor.