Carl Martin AC-Tone
KirKill KirKill
Published on 11/02/11 at 14:18
Overdrive pedal in the same vein as his elder PlexiTone except that here we emulates the sound of VOX amps AC
The pedal comes with power cord
We have a 3 switches Boost, Channel 1 and Channel 2 each channel has a knob (gain 1 and gain 2)
A button to boost
1 volume knob
A cut button (control treble)
A button gain a
A gain knob 2

Super simple setup no need to leave Polytechnique

Should liked the crunch sound, lightness and mediums
On channel 1 I come home from Rolling Stone, Kinks, Black Crowe ... this channel is like a little drive from my Fender Blues Deluxe, there are notes and it drool slightly while remaining melodic, sometimes I mixed brushes is to say
On channel 2 and crunch it is more messy, it gives me the impression of being on the edge of a tube amp, this small side and we feel it's going to blow up
This pedal is pretty quiet throughout

The price / quality ratio is honest to its service, on occasion it may well be
I do not know of any direct competitor to this pedal unlike PlexiTone for me it is unique
So I turned my TS9 spanked really sorry that next
Since this pedal was sold, in retrospect I do not know if I would do this choice, the top would have a real Vox, I replaced the Classic Screamer Benrod of which is different but that suits me best