Sonoma Wire Works, makers of the FourTrack recording app, announced the GuitarJack audio device.
GuitarJack makes both level control and input monitoring possible when using a GuitarJack enhanced app. Sonoma Wire Works is also developing the TaylorEQ app for the GuitarJack. The free TaylorEQ app will allow Taylor Guitar players to hear and adjust the tone of their guitars playing through the GuitarJack using EQ settings custom designed by Taylor Guitars.
Pricing & Availability
GuitarJack will be priced at $199 MSRP. GuitarJack and TaylorEQ are scheduled to ship in Q3 2010.
- 1/4 inch instrument input with configurable pad, Lo-Z and Hi-Z modes
- 1/8 inch stereo mic/line input with pad, normal and boost modes
- Each input has 60dB of continuous level control
- 1/8 inch stereo output with increased drive for headphones
- Sleek and rugged metal shell
- 30 pin connector compatible only with iPod touch (2nd and 3rd generation), iPhone 3GS and iPhone 3G
GuitarJack controls in FourTrack allow recording in these modes:
- Instrument (1/4 inch) mono
- Mic/Line (1/8 inch) mono, dual-mono or stereo
- Both inputs, with the instrument input and the mic/line input (right channel) recording to separate tracks
See the GuitarJack at Summer NAMM Booth 408.
*Not Apple certified on iPhone 3GS and iPhone 3G - iPhone 3GS and iPhone 3G will display the following message: "This accessory is not made to work with iPhone. Would you like to turn on airplane mode to reduce audio interference? You will not be able to make or receive calls." Sonoma Wire Works recommends that you turn on airplane mode whenever recording on an iPhone. Not compatible with iPhone 4 or iPad(TM).
Viewers of this article also read...
- Soundcells Digital Genome The genome, the entirety of an organism ´s hereditary information, is encoded either in DNA or in case of this ReFill, it´s the AMIGA1200 encoded in Reason´s NNXT samples.
- Softube Tonelux Tilt The Tonelux Tilt plug-in is a way of making a track sit better in a mix or make it sound "warmer" or "cooler", also designed for live situations where you need to tweak the whole mix to adjust for ear fatigue.
- New bx_shop up and running Get a 50 $ / 33 EUR free voucher to use before July 15th.