Sonalksis TBK3
electik electik
Published on 07/17/07 at 09:19
I have a few days with the TBK and TBK2.
Bundle of 3 plug-ins is 185 euros 120 euros against the plug-in only ...

Installation easily recognized immediately by 6 LIVE

The manual? not yet looked at this as a plug-in is easy to configure. A large knob and some adjustments and that's it!
Ideal for those who can not adjust a conventional compressor or the lazy.

9 / 10 because it is a little expensive ...

On my AMD 4200 + dual core with Live 6 (which manages the dual core), it takes only 1% of CPU resources, allowing to put across without being blocked. Of all the compressors that I use is the lightest so congratulations to the team Sonalksis!

I use it mainly for the stage of composition to densify certain tracks very quickly and get closer to the final sound.
I place it on the tracks that I want, I turn the big knob and I experiment with the buttons that manage the attack. All this takes a few seconds and is very effective since you can go from a fairly gentle compression to extreme compression and everything very efficiently and music!

I also use it to mix some drum loops / beats where he is terrible.
Extreme big cuts possible! A real tool for sound sculpture can transform a beat skinny fat in something so much trip hop!

on the other hand, there are better for the treatment of separate tracks or solo as it is a little "nag" even and especially when there are not many settings to work fine. it compresses strong but suddenly it often lacks air ...
I have not tried it on vocals because I have my ways with the Waves plug-ins.

It is like the Swiss Army knife of compression.
Ultra easy to adjust, efficient and music on virtually all sources, not processor intensive and not too expensive, good at all!