[NAMM] TK Audio BC2-ME
TK Audio has announced the BC2-ME, a new mastering compressor unit.
The BC2-ME is a unit suited for mastering. TK Audio have added features such as illuminated switches, switchable output-stage between electronically-balanced or transformer balanced class-A.
BC2-ME uses the same basic sound path as the BC1, plus the extra features. The class-A mode is designed to offer a more vintage tone, like fat, punchy low-end response with more low mid character, the company says. The output section is the same as the one used in the DP1.
BC2-ME also has a switch designed to add extra harmonics to the compressed signal. The blend control offers 23 steps from straight to compressed signal.
- All rotary controls stepped.
- All push buttons illuminated. Soft light when not engaged.
- THD switch, adds extra harmonics (even) to the compressed signal.
- New VCA circuit.
- Can be upgraded with separate VCA modules that holds up to eight VCA chips in parallel.
- True bypass.
- Stepped precision blend control using a 4-deck ELMA switch.
- Five HPF frequencies.
- Gain-reduction meter with 20 LED’s, 0.5dB resolution.
- Ratio starts at 1.25:1.
- Threshold -20dB to +20dB. 41 steps. (picture shows -10dB to +10dB)
- Make-up gain 0 to 10dB, 41 steps.
- Output switchable between electronically-balanced or transformer-balanced class-A built around heavy Carnhill transformers.
- Balanced, external side-chain inputs.
The BC2-ME is expected to ship in February 2012.
More information: TK Audio
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM] Vienna Symphonic Library at NAMM The Austrian company presents their latest software innovations for integrating tools and workflow into MIDI and audio production environment.
- [NAMM] Bitwig Studio A team that includes former Ableton developers announced the launch of Bitwig Studio production software.
- [NAMM] Toontrack EZ Mix 2 Toontrack have revealed that they will be releasing EZmix 2.