Tonehammer [Kontact] Didgeridoo
Tonehammer has announced the release of a new Kontakt-based instrument, Didgeridoo.
The Didgeridoo (aka Didge) is an Australian Aboriginal wind instrument dating back over approx.1500-2000 years. The instrument is made from Eucalyptus blogs hollowed out by termites and is widely regarded as one of the oldest woodwind (aerophone) instruments in existence. Tonehammer recorded two different Didges. The first one is an original Eucalyptus log and the second one is a modern version made from PVC pipes.
The library contains 400MB of samples and the programs contain modwheel controlled timestretching and sample offset options, designed to allow users to get more flexibility out of the samples. The Didges come at two different mic (close/medium) distances and a far mic for the dual-didge FX group. Didge 1 is close mic and Didge 2 is medium mic.
Facts & Figures:
- Close, Medium and Far Microphone recordings.
- Didge 1 Percussive (with- and without modwheel time-stretching control).
- Didge 1 Sustain (without modwheel based variation in tone/rhythm).
- Didge 1 Sustain (with partial modwheel based variation in tone/rhythm).
- Didge 1 Sustain (with full modwheel based variation in tone/rhythm).
- Didge 2 Sustain 1 (with modwheel based variation of tone).
- Didge 2 Sustain 2 (with modwheel based variation of tone).
- Didge 2 Performance 1 (with modwheel based sample-off for user control over sample start/end).
- Didge 2 Performance 2 (with modwheel based sample-off for user control over sample start/end).
- Dual Didge FX and session recordings.
- 11 instrument patches, 429 samples, 483 MB installed, 266 MB .rar download.
- Sample resolution: 44.1Khz/16Bit stereo .wav format.
- Format(s): Kontakt 2 and .wav.
Pricing & Availability
Didgeridoo has an MSRP of $39.
Native Instruments Kontakt 2.2.4+ required.
More info at www.tonehammer.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Cytomic Releases The Glue Bus Compressor Cytomic has announced The Glue Bus Compressor Effect Plug-in - a 4-in, 2-out, Stereo Compressor (second stereo input for external side-chain processing).
- Bremmers Updates MultitrackStudio 5 Bremmers Audio Design has updated MultitrackStudio to version 5.11.
- Orange Tree Samples CoreBass Pear Orange Tree Samples has released CoreBass Pear, a bass sample library for Kontakt 2 and 3.