Aria TD-1 Platinum Drive

Controls: Drive, Lo, Hi, Level
Power Source: AC
Size: 163 (L) x 100 (W) x 74 (H) mm
Weight: 1.1Kg

You read! More than a kilo! Dimensions are in millimeters (inch and not as I said the first time) ... it gives you an idea of ​​the beast: a real tank. Massive, very strong (I would not afraid to stand up on it, frankly)
Outlet included (and not a little flat, but the big thing squarely with the earth).
We forget the batteries that are emptied by themselves if you forget a jack and the adapter (included / not included, what voltage siouplaît mister? There's enough amps on that I already have? J ' have a boss, it is compatible with one or ibanez or Behring ... Forget all these questions!)
One branch, and shoo ... Finally, no, not quite zou, there's a more on / off switch. So you press gently on a large button, and you can leave without eating pedal connected current. Aaaaah, it's good!
Diodes, can not miss. You can not forget that it is on!
In short, really, what a pleasure! Only "default" (for those affected), given the size, not easy to put in a suitcase rack effect j'm'en crazy ;-) But, I am not using it.

With that, the four knobs of our pretty tank are slightly serrated. It's great! The notches are quite close (I would say less than a minute apart) and sufficiently precise.

So watch out, it may well be called Platinum "drive", it is indeed a tube distortion! Nothing to do with the crunch or overdrive. In fact, I was looking for an overdrive, but I fell in love with something that I did not expect at all! (See below)

I really appreciate the two tone knobs (lo and hi), often on the pedals of the genre, you are entitled to a single knob. And it plays differently in the settings. Great precision, yet!

The big sound! A little too much for what I expected ... However, for the metal, my distortion still remains, how can I say? clear? no, it's not the right word for distortion, but say precisely. Beware, the sound is really hot, the lamp's color really here. The settings allow you to find a big sound heavy, but still hot .... J'adoore.

In fact, to take it as an overdrive, it does so by putting just a little volume knob and the "drive" to zero! We then have a crunch / drive after that can move beautifully ... to the full tube distortion.

Only thing in "distortion in depth", provide a noise gate: it is not luxury. Personally, I have no use for my preferences.

The bypass is real. Is pressed, a large sofa bed good mechanics, and then ... nothing!

Understand me, I'm in love! I think my style of play will change with this pedal. Now, I did that this morning ... see later. I just have to say that reverb quickly becomes redundant when the branch (we lose precision in the distortion) and the pedal wha wha needs to be set to operate optimally with (when possible, but to me c is possible ;-) Ibanez WD7, no problem)

What is nice is that this pedal really brings something. Connected between the guitar and an amplifier transistor (an old roland 60w 80s, orange, for those who see), she rebuilt a new sound, warm, heavy and accurate anyway.

1 day of use
Delighted in every way (to do with time)
I am especially happy that I made a deal: in a "pan balances," in one of my usual shops of Brussels, I got it for 40 euros! The seller told me that this model is very rare, Aria is not known at all for this kind of pedal, no success because people do not know .... hence my opinion here. Really, it does! I would have put more than one hundred euros if he had, knowingly ...
To my ear, here, we play in the category Electro Harmonix.