E-MU PIPEline
Deweak Deweak

«  Great first impression! »

Publié le 01/10/11 à 06:47
I just equip my AX-synth (synth - guitar) Pipeline system and the tests I've done so far are quite conclusive.

The most important being the first sound, I want to say that I did not hear any difference between the sound coming out of the synth line and which passes through pipelines to six feet away. Very significant, the fact that this system is dedicated to stereo signals. Initially I turned to the relay Line6 G30 (more expensive), but this system provided for guitarists would have forced him to switch to mono, which is a shame when we have very sound spatialization by their effects or stereo samples . I posted a series of comparative example (you will first hear the direct sound and wireless):

The range is consistent with what is announced at seven or eight feet across a floor and two walls had still sound. And when the signal is cut is very clean, unlike an analog system. So on a stage size "normal" should not happen often limits the Pipeline ...

The big question that I was initially concerned the latency and reliability of transmission, and I am quite reassured. E-MU Announces 6ms latency, it must be right because I did not hear any difference, no discomfort in the game Once the system is in place (it took me less than ten minutes, including unpacking). As for reliability, in my house where there is always at least four devices connected in wireless, even seven feet away I had no disturbance. The signal remains clean from one end to another.

To use that interested me, namely the wireless laptop on a synth, so far I am fully satisfied! Remains to be tested this system on stage, and I do not make me worry too much because the frequencies used do not match those of traditional wireless microphones. Moreover, with a range of more than five hours and the possibility in case of trouble to exchange a few seconds the transmitter unit and receiver that would have left mains (just a switch to switch to switch transmission to reception ), there is worry-free electricity ...

I also tried the Pipeline as ear-monitoring system, they are doing very well again, with crystal clear sound, much better than my analog system LD Systems that I had paid more though .. . While the scope of the pipeline is not very large (15m only), but by having the receiver on stage this should suffice in most cases.

Do not overlook the fact that pipelines are not limited to a single application, and if for example I do not need to use my AX-Synth on stage, nothing prevents me from taking them as ear-monitors, wireless or deporting the audio output of my pc studio on the home cinema which is the floor above (with a delay of orders from the PC via Teamviewer).

The only small detail review might be the minijack connector, which is not very "tight", I feel like a little click at the insertion of the plug. But that does not deserve that I put less than 10 in this system! At 180 euros a pair, it is almost given.

Images linked to this review

• photo