Palmer PLI 03
Doyeuxyvan Doyeuxyvan
Publié le 08/14/06 à 05:31
Transformer isolation between two audio connections that will change your life.
Effectively solves the problem of ground loops, very common between a computer and the rest of the studio.
My compressor connected to my Falcon did snore with the background noise of 50 Hz and its harmonics. All with very expensive cables. Disconnection of the masses did nothing, even + dangerous disconnect land no effect either.
All liability is not need to diet, great.
RCA connection only for this model.

First connection, connection between the compressor and the Falcon.
Result: more hum!
In + is secure because the land is still connected!
To make connections between two RCA line (asymmetric so) when you have a concern for buzz and hum.

It seems to me that it does not distort sound quality.
Rather, it is done to improve it, but with processors theoretically there is always a slight loss therefore also a little more breath, but I hear nothing at all. It was also here on the price, a processor of less quality loss.

Basically, ideally, for all connections between machines with asymmetrical ground would require this type transformers.

This solution is still unknown, yet it is much the better.

Available from Thomann or Musik Service, Made in Germany, I trusted my connection for most of my homestudio, ie just before the audio input of my Falcon.

I also have a Behringer HD400 for troubleshooting that is effective, and ART T8 for the rest of the connections.