[NAMM] Korg nanoSERIES2
nanoSERIES2 incorporates enhancements and offers them up in the same casing as the original nanoSERIES.
The size and color of the entire series is designed to match a laptop computer.
Available in both white and black, the new units – the nanoKEY2, nanoPAD2 and nanoKONTROL2 – are designed to complement Korg's 37-note microKEY USB MIDI keyboard.
- The nanoKEY2 is a 25-note keyboard controller for creating songs, featuring a separate-type keybed (modeled after that of a Macbook), as well as a damper button offering sustain on the fly. It is designed with ample key width. Included are octave shift buttons, which, when used in conjunction with the key transpose function, cover the entire range of notes in the MIDI specification. Also featured are pitch bend buttons and an assignable modulation button.
- The nanoPAD2 is a choice for inputting drum parts; it also has new functionality that lets users record using the X-Y pad, as on Korg's Kaossilator Pro. Enhancements include four more pads (16 to the original nanoPAD's 12) and Kaossilator gate arpeggio patterns built into the X/Y control pad, letting users play MIDI arpeggios. Chords can also be assigned to the trigger pads to use them to perform a chord track.
- The nanoKONTROL2 is designed for controlling a variety software titles including popular DAW programs. Sized to place in front of a notebook computer, the nanoKONTROL2 provides eight channels of the controllers needed to control music software, plus a set of transport buttons. A knob, fader, and three switches are provided for each of the eight channels, respectively assigned to pan, volume, and solo/mute/record (or whatever the user specifies). Also featured is improved transport control with Mackie HUI protocol built in (a feature previously only offered on controllers of a higher price point, bringing this protocol to the most accessible price point ever).
All three nanoSERIES2 products can be further customized using the included Korg Kontrol Editor software, featuring single-cable USB bus-powered operation– Power and USB-MIDI data travels down the same wire.
Visit Korg for more.
Viewers of this article also read...
- HairerSoft Amadeus Lite HairerSoft has updated Amadeus Pro to version 1.5.4 and released Amadeus Lite v1.0, a brand new lightweight audio editor by HairerSoft, available now for purchase in the Mac App Store for $24.99.
- Circular Labs Updates Mobius Circular Labs has announced that version 1.43 of Mobius is now available.
- Mutools MU.LAB 3.2.5 MUTOOLS has updated MU.LAB to version 3.2.5.