All user reviews for the Eurolite AKKU Mini PARty RGBW Spot

Audience: Beginners Value For Money : Poor
  • Very fragile

Eurolite AKKU Mini PARty RGBW SpotPublished on 09/14/19 at 04:08
    I've had three of these battery powered DMX lights running 2-3 single act shows every weekend since January and there are a handful of issues.

The main problem is that the power/recharging is connected by mini-USB. These connectors are fragile at best. I've broken three of them so far.

Next problem is that Eurolite give you no way to know anything about the level of the battery charge. When they ARE plugged in to recharge the little red light to let you know if there is a good connection is so recessed that it is often not even visible - that's assuming that it hasn't quit altogether as is the case with two of my lights.

To get the charger to connect requires a lot of wire......

To get the charger to connect requires a lot of wire wiggling. i have to hang a small clamp off of two of the charging wires to get it to connect.

Next up is the frame that secures the light to a bar. They are very flimsy and are easily bent thus no suitable for road use. They are also very short and DMX cables and terminators cannot clear the distance so adjusting the lights is problematic. This very issue has broken several power leads as well.

The light strength is pretty weak, and the LED responsiveness to DMX is slow.

Eurolite seems to be a bit shortsighted in their strategy as they are clearly targeting gigging DJs and musicians with low price lighting but this in contradicted by the fact that their lights consistently have tight beam angles which, one would assume, be the opposite of what small stage or, as is the case most of the time, no stage at all, users. Low ceilings, tight corners and small rooms mean that pub performers need wide beam angles. Just my 2p.

My recommendation is to spend a little bit more and get something a lot more useful. I will be changing my lights as soon as possible.