Fromel Electronics Shape EQ

- Nice paint job
- Small burlap bag
- External 9 volt power connection
- Internal 9 volt battery connection

I'm not sure that an EQ pedal should be described as confusing, but that is what I would call this pedal. None of the knobs or switches are labeled. I think it's bass, mid, mid sweep, and treble in that order. Then the two switches are mid sweep on/off and true bypass on/off. I think. Who knows. Put some damn labels on this crap! Write a better manual! Help a brother out! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

It sounds okay, I guess. I mean, you can add SOME bass or SOME highs, but not enough to radically change your sound. Call me crazy, but is that not the ultimate point of an EQ pedal? Not just minor shifts, but major ones? What do I know...

It can add a slight amount of clarity to your tone, but that's about it. You could also use it to boost your mids or a solo, too... maybe. I dunno. Maybe if you knew what the switches were doing and what the extra mid knob did MAYBE you could get better results. Maybe... MAYBE?!?! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't call this pedal "bad". It just wasn't worth the price of admission for me, which is substantial for an EQ pedal in my opinion. I wanted to love this. I really did. Really.

All I have is a bunch of maybes. Maybe it was my amp? Maybe it was my guitar? Maybe I'm too stupid to use an EQ pedal? Maybe I should quit music and take up knitting? All I know is when I would try to use the pedal, I'd find a tone I liked, then I would turn it off and it would sound NEARLY identical! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!