Avid HD I/O
Avid introduced a series of newly-designed hardware and software solutions designed to enhance the quality and performance of the Pro Tools HD digital audio workstation.
The new HD Series interfaces -- HD I/O, HD OMNI and HD MADI -- are designed to offer customers flexible configurations to support a variety of analog and open digital formats for audio recording, mixing and playback. Additionally, new HEAT (Harmonically Enhanced Algorithm Technology) software is said to allow customers to add the realism of vintage analog sound to the Pro Tools mixer via a single global control -- eliminating the time consuming and complex task of managing plug-in changes across multiple tracks and allowing customers to remain focused on the craft of mixing.
According to Avid, the new I/O options include:
- HD I/O: Enables customers to achieve the highest-quality audio record
and playback with the option of three space-saving configurations --
16x16 analog, 16x16 digital and 8x8x8 analog and digital -- in a 2 RU
rack mountable interface.
- HD OMNI: Frees up customer workspace by integrating the functionality
of numerous costly outboard components into an all-in-one premium
sound solution for recording, mixing and monitoring. Features include
state-of-the-art conversion, two world-class mic pre-amps, headphone
outputs, a full-featured surround monitor section and a 14x26 channel
persistent mixer that functions even when the computer is off --
letting users listen to CDs, MP3 players, keyboards and drum machines
without the need for an additional mixer.
- HD MADI: Opens up workflows and speeds production time for broadcast,
live sound and post production sound professionals by offering the
ability to easily connect Pro Tools|HD systems to industry-standard
MADI infrastructures, without the need for a format converter.
Built-in sample rate conversion on all inputs and outputs allow
customers to integrate into workflows with multiple sample rates
(upstream and downstream) using a single, 64-channel 1 RU rack
Pricing and Availability
HD OMNI, HD MADI and HD I/O converters and HEAT software are available today worldwide. Pricing begins at $3995 USMSRP for HD I/O; HD OMNI is available for $2995 USMSRP; HD MADI is available for $4995; and HEAT software is available for $495 USMSRP in the box or via download on the Avid eStore.
For more information on pricing and features, visit www.avid.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- VSL Vienna MIR SE The Vienna Symphonic Library has announced the release of Vienna MIR SE, described as a resource-efficient version of their mixing and reverberation software Vienna MIR that includes customized positioning templates for the instruments of the Vienna Special Edition.
- Silicon Beats Releases ‘Classic Soul Drum Loops V1' Classic Soul Drum Loops V1 is the first of a series of 3 loop packs that emulate the classic drum sounds and grooves of the Motown era.
- Galbanum Architecture Waveforms 2010 Galbanum has announced the release of Architecture Waveforms 2010, a collection of 25,000+ designed wavetables organized into 102 categories.