Add this product to
  • My former gear
  • My current gear
  • My wishlist
Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum
Images
1/3
Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum

Thread Audigy platinum - severe problems!!

• 4 replies
  • 4 participants
  • 0 follower
1 Audigy platinum - severe problems!!
For some reason last week - Windows 2000 will not start at all with my soundcard plugged in to any PCI slot. The card is fine as I tried it in a different PC to check. I use an AMD 900Mhz processor with 256K ram. If I take out the card, windows starts as normal. I tried uninstalling the drivers for my SB. No joy. Help would be majorally appreciated. Creative labs said it was an IRQ conflict. Why would this happen after 2 years withoput probs and how can I fiix it?
Strange. Did you flash a new BIOS or do anything else that could have caused the flakiness?
When you say "windows won't start" what EXACTLY happens?Just it just hang? If so, try going into Safe Mode and let it prompt you through your setup on line at a time to see exactly where it hangs.
The Axeman (##(===> Cuts From My New Blues CD
Thanks for your reply guys. I cannot even get to the stage of going into safe mode as I dont get an option to hit F8. Directly after PC does its initial detecting IDE drives thing the screen goes black. There is no 'windows is starting' message. I made no changes to Bios setting before this happened. But like I say - If I physically remove the soundcard, windows strarts as normal
Does your motherboard have an onboard soundcard? If it does, then take off your Audigy from the slot, enter the BIOS configuration and from there deactivate the onboard soundcard... now connect your Audigy to the slot and start the computer... maybe that will help...

Let me know if it did...

Good luck,

D.