1/2
Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum

PCI/ISA + Rack Soundcard from Creative Labs

Thread Audigy1 platinium installation

• 3 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 0 follower
1 Audigy1 platinium installation
I have de sound card audigy1 platinium, windows 2000 pro. asus A7V8X-X motherboard, athlon xp 2200+. I can't install my soundcard drivers. There's always an error message. Can anybody give me help ?
what's the error message...?
:?
ok i have a post titled 'sound blaster audigy EAX 5.1 problem...please help!' go there and follow the steps i took...my machine is almost identicle to yours, and although my prob was caused by tv card too close to the sound card in the pci slots, it could be you have yours too close to the graphics card or something!! possible

basically to explain, i was being denied permission to install drivers for my sound blaster audigy 1 EAX 5.1 card. i had to completely uninstal EVERYTHING to do with creative and reinstall after moving the card from one pci slot to another to resolve irq sharing issues, then went to creative driver web page and got all the updates downloaded and installed...problem solved for me!

might be worth you moving the card away from other devices in the pci slots and try that?

let me know it would be interesting to know whether i can actually be of any help for once!!! lol

AMD 2100+ (17 x 133 Mhz = 2.261 Ghz)
Asus A7N8X Nvidia Nforce 2
MSI Geforce FX 5600 256 DDR GPU
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy EAX 5.1
1.00 Gb PC2100 Ram (Dual DDR Timing Enabled (System performance = 'aggressive' in bios))
Maxtor 60 Gb HDD 7200 Rpm
LG DVD / CD Rom
Sony DVD R/W
sorry just remembered!

if you do happen to try what i explained then make sure you:-

instal software and drivers from your creative cd/floppy disks!

make sure it is a complete instal of everything!

then go to the creative web site (i found it by searching exactly this-'sound blaster drivers') - using google!

on the first page that loads select your card from the list and then click (on the next page) the auto sytem scan or something like that...it will then scan your pc and give ALL updates....drivers and software!

hope this is of some help!

good luck

AMD 2100+ (17 x 133 Mhz = 2.261 Ghz)
Asus A7N8X Nvidia Nforce 2
MSI Geforce FX 5600 256 DDR GPU
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy EAX 5.1
1.00 Gb PC2100 Ram (Dual DDR Timing Enabled (System performance = 'aggressive' in bios))
Maxtor 60 Gb HDD 7200 Rpm
LG DVD / CD Rom
Sony DVD R/W