Echo Gina
Images
1/10

Thread Gina by Echo Soundcard

• 4 replies
  • 4 participants
  • 0 follower
1 Gina by Echo Soundcard
: :D Hi, I recently upgraded from my old celeron 733mhz machine to an AMD 2400. :? However I'm having problems installing my gina PCI sound card. ANy ideas where I can get drivers for WIN 98 SE. The card was manufactured in 1997. It has 1 RCA input, 1 RCA output and a parallel port. Tx.
Hi,
www.echoaudio.com
They should be able to help you out with the prob.
Check-up your mother board's chipset number, they probably will ask you concerning compatibility.
I use an amd 1700xp with echo mia card and 1 gig of ram, it works as stable as a p4
PC stores won't help you out either, they don't get any further than a soundblaster.
I use to work with 98SE, if you have the opportunity, go to XP it's far more stable for audio/midi.There are a few simple but crucial settings to make it work properly.
regards
chris at www.tsunamimusic.be
I used a Gina 20 sound card with Win98 w/o any problems. I purchased a new Dell with XP and I have been fighting the integrated audio drivers ever since.

I went into the bios and disalbed all integrated audio and I still experience problems. Sometimes I'll get sound, sometimes I won't. I even get the blue screen of death while attempting to play wavs in Cakewalk, which has been frustrating. If you have any ideas on how I can get my Gina 20 sound card and XP to learn to live with each other, that would be a great help! Thanks.
hello,
XP is the most stable OS for audio on pc allthough it's not perfect.
Crucial is that xp needs to be installed as standard pc and not as ACPI.
For audio you'll need to have an IRQ port for your soundcard only,
because with ACPI your card will probably share a port with another device and thus creating internal conflicts. Cut every possible windows sound and make sure that your card settings are ok.
i.e, sample rate for the card 44.100 and recording in cubase, logic etc.....at 48.000 will cuase troubles.When install of all programs is done,
go to your programlist :arrow: sequense/recording program :arrow: a window will open and here you can change sample rate settings midi configuration, buffer blocks, bit rate full duplex etc...... and not to forget to run a test to see if your settings have been made properly.
One overlooked setting will give you problems due too the fact, XP doesn't tolerate even a minor mistake. So audio with XP? it works well or it will give you frustrations.
This will put on the right track at least I hope it will.
regards chris at www.tsunamimusic.be
XP Can be darn near perfect
hit up www.tweakxp.com

once you take off the fancy fading effects, and turn off like 99% of the services, its a darned sleek little OS.