Agrandir

All user reviews for the Analog Man Bypass Loop

1 user review
  • Analog Man Bypass LoopPublié le 04/26/10 à 14:33
    This is something that I wish I had discovered a long time ago. I have had to get rid of many pedals over the years because they did not have "true" bypass. This means that even when the pedals were switched off, I noticed that they still were coloring my sound (almost always negatively). Mostly they would rob me of midrange or high end that I really didn't feel like I wanted to lose. I often replaced these pedals with others that were true bypass, which was expensive. This box solves that problem. It is an analog box and cannot be edited with Computers or controlled by MIDI.

The bypass box will simply route the pedals through a send/return loop. The setup is pretty easy. All you need to do is run a cable from your amp to this box, and then from this box to your guitar. In the meantime, have your pedalboard set up the way you normally would, and then route the first pedal to the send input, and then the last pedal to the return connection. From there, if you need to bypass those pedals, simply hit the switch on this one. The cool thing about this is that you can leave those pedals on and then just hit the switch on the bypass pedal and return to a nice clean tone.

This is a great pedal. It doesn't matter what instrument or amp you use them with. Using this pedal simply ensures that you will get the tone that comes naturally from your guitar-amp combo, regardless of the pedals you have plugged in. For this reason along I gave it 5 stars. It doesn't color the sound at all, which is the reason I bought it.

I like the fact that is truly bypasses all pedals regardless of their quality. It makes me wish I hadn't sold some of the previous pedals, as they would no longer have any of their negative side effects. They really aren't that expensive, if you have a lot of pedals that are killing your tone, spending less than $100 would be a lifesaver to regain your natural clean sound. If you don't ever play guitar with a clean sound, than this one will probably not be worth it for you, though.