ENGL Z-4 Footswitch
ENGL Z-4 Footswitch

Pedal/Controller from ENGL belonging to the Z series.

milenko milenko

«  A beautiful ENGL footswitch, which comes at a high pix! »

Publié le 07/15/11 à 11:02
I am using the ENGL Z-4 from September 2009, as a footswitch for my preamp ENGL E530 Modern Rock.

This is my first footswitch, but that does not prevent me to enjoy its high quality manufacturing, aviation and its look.

This footswitch is all that is most simple:
- 2 switches rather firm action
- 2 LED to check the status of activation / inactivation of switches
- A stereo jack 1 / 4 "6.35 mm for communication with two switches
- Supplied with said stereo

What I like:
- The look Aviation
- Build quality, robustness, reliability
- Stereo provided (yet happy)

What I like least: the price! € 77 on the major known sites, € 100 RRP, it's expensive paying the "poor" 2 button footswitch! There are no equivalent LED, which operates on a larger number of amplifiers, for only € 12.70 (Thomann for example).

You've probably realized, the price / quality ratio of the footswitch is pretty average, due to the excessive price, and that's why I put him as 7 / 10. Otherwise, quality level, I would say 9 / 10.

I would do this choice?