Antares Audio Technology Tube
Antares Audio Technology Tube
Publié le 05/29/09 à 09:37
The Antares Systems Tube plug-in is a piece of software designed to give your signal a tube sound. I didn't have any problems installing the software within my system as there were no compatibility issues at all. The interface of the software is really easy to rely on and to figure out as it only has a small amount of parameters. It has knobs for both input and output levels, as well as slider for drive, a switch for omnitube and two different modes to choose from. Everything is laid out smartly and is easy to access, so while I haven't seen the manual for this plug-in, it is easy to use and one really isn't needed.

I've had the Antares Systems Tube in my set up for about five years or so and while I do like the sounds I can get from this plug-in, I've found that it is one that needs to be used sparingly. For starters, I don't believe it is possible to get a true tube sound from anything other than an actual piece of tube gear, and while this software does a decent job of emulating this warm sound, it is an impossible sound to get without the real thing. So don't think that you can simply warm up all of your tracks with this one plug-in as I don't think that this is meant for or capable of doing this. I do however, use the Antares Systems Tube plug-in for getting slightly fuller and warmer signals here and there when I feel it might work best. It has an overall pretty good sound to it, but you really need to figure out how to use it best before you go and use it on everything. If you are looking for a tube sound, you will not find it here! This is a nice emulator, but is not substitution for real tube gear.