IK Multimedia Amplitube 2
IK Multimedia Amplitube 2

Software Amp Simulator from IK Multimedia belonging to the Amplitube series.

Publié le 01/11/10 à 22:16
Getting set up and going with IK Multimedia Amplitube 2 only took a matter of minutes, as the whole process was pretty straight forward.  I just followed the step by step instructions for installation, like with all plug-ins and software, and was able to use the plug-in shortly after.  The interface of the software is a lot more in depth than the original Amplitube, which is definitely something that is welcome as I feel this one has a lot more to offer.  The interface is also more professional looking and has many more effects and features.  Everything is easily located, as I never felt lost at all inside of the interface.  Unless you're having technical issues related to installation or otherwise, I don't think that you need a manual for this plug-in.

I'm currently running IK Multimedia Amplitube 2 on a Mac Book Pro that has a 2.2 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo processor and 4 GB of RAM.  I run the plug-in in Pro Tools LE 7.4 that runs with a Digi 002R audio interface, and can't say that I've had a lick of trouble with the software within this configuration.  However, I do tend to keep the plug-in within its limits, as it does take up a decent amount of processing power when compared to other plug-ins.  The reason for this is because of the size and because of everything going on, as it could really stand as software on its own.  I am however, able to run a few of these at a time within a single session, and would imagine that anyone with a decent system already running plug-ins of this caliber should be able to do the same...

Compared to the original version of this software, IK Multimedia Amplitube 2 is light years ahead across the board.  Not only is the interface more appealing and more versatile, but the sound quality is also vastly improved.  The best part about this is that the price hasn't really gone up and it is still an accessible plug-in for smaller studio owners on a budget.  While I generally like to get all of my guitar sounds at the source, this comes in handy for all sorts of things - guitar related and not.  I've used it on everything from vocals to keyboards, as the effects translate well to any instrument.  You shouldn't expect Amplitube 2 to give you everything guitar sound in the world in one place as it just doesn't have the sound quality to match, but it is a pretty good start...