Peavey ReValver MK III
Peavey ReValver MK III

Software Amp Simulator from Peavey belonging to the Revalver series.

Anonymous
Publié le 05/26/09 à 18:21
In Preamble:
1- I play the guitar for over fifteen years exclusively on lamps amps (Marshall JTM and Fender), I think I have a pretty demanding ear about making myself -for the quality of a guitar sound .dropoff window
I was looking for a long time an app allowing me to feel really play on a tube amp
2- I had a Peavey -priori on, which I especially associais sound 'mtalleux' that does not really appeal to me (I prefer the clean-overdrive or fuzz sounds that distos standards).

I recently tlcharg all demos VST amp simulations possible, and immediately, it was imposed by a realism in the superior sound (despite a breath quite pronounced ds you push the volume).

- Installation is it done without problem?
Yes, and what is strong apprciable - rare these days - the app does not require protection USB key
- Have you encountered the incompatibilits?
Not any under Windows XP, either stand-alone or host in Live 7 & 8.
- Is Gnrale configuration is easy?
Very easy if you know a little bit the chain of processing a guitar sound.
- Is the manual is clear and sufficient? ...?
It is a little amber but all fawns not essential!

ADQUATION / PERFORMANCE

- What is the configuration of your computer? (Map mother / CPU / RAM / Disk / sound card ..)
Live Config: Dual Core 1.66Ghz laptop PC, 2GB Ram, 120 Gig HDD with USB sound card -vieille- 1 Edirol,
- The software works he correctly on this configuration?
Yes I open 5 instances in Ableton Live with effects, which eats between 30 and 40% of the CPU, so no problems, no latency by configuring the driver correctly. Warning against by convolution with rverb, crunches can occur! (Therefore j'vite to use it for the live)
- What performance? (If measurable)
See above
- Is this matrielle + software configuration stability?
Yes to the extent that it is reasonable on the number of elements piled into the rack

NOTICE GLOBAL

- How long have you use it?
1 months
- What is the particular feature you like best and least?
The +: The amp simulations lamps, which I find most GPs existing among all the apps I've tested (Guitar Rig, Waves Gtr, Simulanalog, Trash, Amplitube, Green Machine, Warp, Boogex, Studio Devil)
The -: Maybe in the effects, the app is less complete than others, but for those looking for (like me), the best amp simulation lamps, this is what I found better -and of distant
- Have you tried many other models before acqurir?
- How do you report qualitprix?
It is not given (about 220 euros tlchargement) but given the quality I think it is justified. I just have liked a little more choice in their effects, and that rglages of these are a bit more efficient and intuitive (with eg. A MIDI sync the delay). As for amps, I would have liked a little less Peavey and a little more from the rest (only 1 Fender is just a little), but with the possibility of customisations there what to do I think ...dropoff window
- With the exprience, you do again this choice ...?
Relation that exists today in the market of software simulation VST Amp: 1000 times YES !!!