Waves GTR3
Waves GTR3

Software Amp Simulator from Waves belonging to the GTR series.

Publié le 02/24/11 à 18:38
Waves GTR3 software is a collection of guitar and bass amplifier modeling plug-ins for your DAW. I've got GTR3 on my home system, without the Studio Guitar Interface that is also sold with the software as well as individually. Their aim is I guess to provide an all in one recording rig for guitarists who want to move to an in the box set up. As far as getting GTR3 up and running goes, it shouldn't take very long as it's a simple step by step process like that you'll find with installing any software. You can even buy it as a download if you want to further shorten up the process. Learning to use the software itself is actually really easy. Each of the amps and stompboxes in here will take a bit of time to learn as they're all a little different, but if you're familiar with real amps and guitar gear, you should be able to figure everything out in time. I love that each of the amps is actually modeled after the real thing, making it that much easier to understand. I don't think that the manual would be necessary but everyone is different.

I'm currently running the Waves GTR3 on my home rig, which is Pro Tools 9 based. I've got a Mac Book Pro laptop that has a 2.2 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo processor and 4 GB of RAM that I run everything on and have a Digi 002R for Pro Tools. I haven't had problems running GTR3, but on a lesser system I can definitely see it happening since it does take up some processing power. Make sure that you have a pretty stable system before purchasing GTR3.

Waves GTR3 is some of the most complete amp modeling software available. While in general I'm not the biggest fan of amp modeling as I like to get my guitar sounds using real amps, GTR3 can really help you extend on your natural guitar sounds or make some from scratch. I haven't used it with the optional Studio Guitar Interface, but with it you'd have a pretty good all in one set up. Having said this, the Studio Guitar Interface isn't going to be any better than most audio interfaces, so don't sweat needing all of it together. GTR3 software on it's own is quite powerful and definitely recommended for anyone in the market for high quality amp modeling software.