MIDI Guitar 2 Beta9 released
JamOrigin's MIDI Guitar 2 Beta 9 is now available to customers, with current plans for a final release in the weeks to come.
- Tracking: Pitch bends. Ultra low latency and accurate pitch-tracking
- Tracking: Distingusih between bends vs trills and sliding
- Tracking: Amazing sensitivity for minor-second pull/hammer/tap/trills
- Tracking: Custom tunings
- Tracking: Velocity tone controls no longer caps velocity
- Tracking: Monophonic tracking stability improvements
- Tracking: Fixed an issue with very large interval chords
- Tracking: Improved Poly-Tuner stability
- Tracking: Reduced CPU usage
- New: Redesign of user interface
- New: Amp simulation
- New: Audio effects (delay, chorus, flanger)
- New: Slots for inserting effect plugins
- New: Slot for cabinet impulses in the reverberation section
- New: Mix slider for mixing/morphing between guitar and instrument chains
- New: Share patches as text on any media (chat, forums, twitter, etc..)
- New: Automagically load patch from any media with copy/ctrl-c
- New: Clone patch function
- New: "About" window
- Fixed: Critical memory issue that could cause crashes or startup failure
- Fixed: MIDI Learn / CC works again
- Fixed: Plugin version is no longer silent until its UI window is opened
- Fixed: External control of noise gate fixed
- Fixed: Remember MIDI input device settings
- Fixed: Improved help texts
Please note that this version is NOT compaible with Mac-OSX systems 10.6 or older, and that there might be some compatibility issues with some ASIO drivers/interfaces on Windows.
Customers just need to run any version of MIDI Guitar 2 to get an update notification and download link.
A free trial version including these new features is also planned in the next couple of weeks for non-customers, who can still in the meantime get Beta4 (standalone version only) at JamOrigin's downloads page.
Viewers of this article also read...
- New pianos for SampleTank 3 IK Multimedia introduces Brandenburg Piano and Art Deco Piano, the two latest additions to the SampleTank Custom Shop instrument collection.
- D16 Group releases Devastor 2 D16 Group Audio Software releases new version of its software multiband distortion Devastor, from its SilverLine Collection series.
- Genelec releases GLM v2 software Genelec releases GLM (Genelec Loudspeaker Manager) v2.0 for its SAM series monitors.