Korg AudioGate v2.2.0
Korg announced the release of version 2.2.0 of its free AudioGate software, available for content creators and listeners alike.
AudioGate is designed to enable the real-time playback of DSD/SACD files on any computer system, with any audio hardware.
AudioGate provides dithering algorithms, along with editing tools such as divide, merge, normalize, fade-in/fade-out and DC cut. Users can convert from 5.6 MHz or 2.8 MHz 1-bit audio files to any other format, including 16- or 24-bit PCM (up to 192 kHz sample rates), Apple Lossless or AAC, FLAC, Broadcast WAV (up to 32-bit floating supported) as well as MP3 formats. It can be used to burn audio CDs, and the newer DSD Disc format (2.8 MHz sample rate), which can be played back on a number of devices, such as Sony Playstations and Vaio computers.
About half dozen new features have been added, including:
- Support for several of the new features of Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion).
- Auto sample rate switching; this function can automatically switch the sample rate of the audio device to match the sample rate of the current song.
- Songlist function – can automatically open the most recent songlist when AudioGate starts.
- Apple Remote support – AudioGate's Play, Pause, Fast-forward, Rewind, Next song and Previous song functions can be remotely controlled using the Apple Remote.
- Support for the new WASAPI*1 audio driver, which is available with Microsoft Windows Vista and Microsoft Windows 7.
AudioGate software is included with all MR Series recorders. It is also now available for free to everyone at www.korguser.net/audiogate. Visit the site for additional updates and specifications.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Cakewalk SONAR X1 Production Suite Cakewalk has announced SONAR X1 Production Suite on the Windows platform.
- apeSoft iDensity apeSoft has introduced iDensity, an iPad app designed to bring Density/Pulsaret (Mac/Win standalone) Granular Synthesis tools to the tablet.
- Tascam iXZ Tascam has introduced the iXZ, a pocket sized mic/instrument input for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch.