Bomb Factory TEL-RAY VARIABLE DELAY
Bomb Factory TEL-RAY VARIABLE DELAY
Publié le 09/16/09 à 09:26
Installing the Bomb Factory Tel-Ray Variable Delay was quite easy as it only took a few minutes and I was able to run the plug-in in Pro Tools rather quickly.  I didn't have any compatibility issues or other problems and the interface didn't take too long to figure out and understand fully.  It has parameters for input, tone, mix, output, variable delay, variation, sustain, and echo/doubler.  This is pretty much all of the parameters you would need for this plug-in and it is nice to have them all laid out conveniently and easy to find.  I've never seen the manual for the Bomb Factory Tel-Ray Variable Delay so I can't say if it would be helpful or not, but I don't think that one is necessary because the plug-in is easy enough to figure out on its own.

I've never had any problems running the Bomb Factory Tel-Ray Variable Delay.  I am currently running the plug-in on a Mac Book Pro that has a 2.2 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo processor and 4 GB of RAM.  I use the plug-in in Pro Tools Le 7.4 that runs off of a Digi 002R audio interface.  I have also run the plug-in on a Pro Tools HD system.  While I always use a reverb or delay in tandem with an auxilary channel to save processing power, even if you didn't do this I think that you could run a few of these at a time if you'd like.

While the process of installing and using the Bomb Factory Tel-Ray Variable Delay is easy, for me it doesn't really matter because the plug-in doesn't have a good sound.  Every time I have tried using this plug-in I find that it takes away more than it will add and it seems that it always kills whatever signal I run to it.  While it will of course add a delay sound as advertised, the sound always ends up sounding less full and a bit dead after you run it through this plug-in.  It can get a variety of sounds because of all of the different parameters, but it doesn't really matter to me because I don't like the sounds that it can produce.  The price is reasonable and all that, but the sound quality just isn't up to snuff.