FabFilter Timeless 2
FabFilter has announced the release of FabFilter Timeless 2, the successor to the original Timeless delay plug-in.
New features such as mid/side processing together with virtually unlimited modulation possibilities ensure that Timeless 2 will "warp and mangle your sounds more enthusiastically than ever," according to Fabfilter. At the same time, the streamlined "what-you-use-is-what-you-see" interface is designed to make it easier to use for everyday delay tasks. It has than 300 new and improved factory presets, according to FabFilter.
- Two independent delay lines with tap feature and host tempo synchronization with adjustable offset.
- Classic modeled tape delay mode that changes the pitch when the delay time changes.
- Time-stretch mode that speeds up or slows down the sound, keeping the pitch constant when the delay time changes.
- Individual delay line panning.
- Freeze button to keep repeating the current delay line buffer.
- Two independent multi-mode filters with 11 different filter characteristics, based on FabFilter's digital filter technology.
- Unique mid/side processing mode that lets you delay the mid and side signals independently for stereo effects.
- Clean and uncluttered interface that only displays the components that are actually in use.
- Drag-and-drop modulation system that lets you modulate almost any setting with the following modulation sources:
o Up to 4 XY controllers.
o Up to 6 XLFOs offering everything from classic LFO shapes to 16-step programmable step sequencers, per-step glide with adjustable glide curve, "snap" option that locks steps to musical notes to create arpeggio-like sequences, modulatable phase offset, and more.
o Up to 6 envelope generators with graphic controllers, triggering on MIDI, the main input, or the side chain input.
o Up to 4 envelope followers, triggering on main input or the side chain input.
o Up to 10 MIDI sources that let you use any type of MIDI data as a modulation source.
- More than 300 new and improved factory presets.
- Knobs and controllers, section presets, interactive MIDI Learn, undo/redo and A/B switch, Smart Parameter Interpolation for smooth parameter transitions, a help file with interactive help hints, sample accurate automation, AltiVec and SSE optimization and more.
Pricing & Availability
FabFilter Timeless 2 is available now for €99, $129 or £89. It can be used on Windows and Mac OS X in VST and VST 3, RTAS and Audio Units plug-in formats. Bundles with FabFilter Timeless 2 and other FabFilter plug-ins are also available.
Existing FabFilter customers can purchase Timeless 2 with discounts by logging in to their online user account.