xoxos has released Amboea, a modulated multi-tap/multi-delay effect designed for a specific effect for ambient music.
Amboea was designed to delay parts of the sound by different synced periods with modulated feedback to transform pads, arpeggios etc. into "expansive, shifting, panoramic environments." This effect is implemented as eight parallel delays with crossfading before or after each.
Delays can also be arranged in serial form so that each echo can be specified by duration, panning, filtering and pitch shift. This configuration is appropriate for creating irregularly timed echoes, panning echoes, audio arpeggiation and other effects suitable for ambient, glitch and other styles, xoxos says.
- Twenty algorithms to suit CPU use to the application.
- 8 stereo biquad filtered, panned integer delay lines.
- Serial or parallel configuration.
- Host synced algorithmic crossfading before or after delay lines.
- Windowed pitch shifting.
- Randomised LFO modulation of feedback amount (optionally amp or cutoff).
Amboea is not designed for modulated delay effects. INT length delays have the best signal reproduction (the sample that goes in has the same value coming out without interpolation), according to the company.
Pricing & Availability
Amboea costs $15 and is available for Windows as a VST effect plug-in.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Epic World - Free Demo Version The free demoversion of Epic World – Cinematic Landscapes offers unrestricted access to 10 soundscapes by Eduardo Tarilonte.
- DiscoDSP Psychedelic Presets Vol. 1 Psychedelic Presets is a new free bank for Discovery Pro.
- 9 Soundware Releases Orchestral Disorder Orchestral Disorder is a collection of presets for Apple Logic Pro inspired by orchestras.