dbx has enhanced its product line with new versions of its graphic equalizers, compressors and crossovers.
The dbx S Series products feature a platinum front panel, and four color packaging with informative application suggestions for each product.
The dbx S Series products making their debut include the following:
• 231s dual 31-band graphic equalizer
• 215s dual 15-band graphic equalizer
• 131s single 31-band graphic equalizer
• 266xs compressor/gate
• 166xs compressor/limiter/gate
• 234s/234xs stereo 2-way/mono 3-way/mono 4-way crossover
• 223s/223xs stereo 2-way/mono 3-way crossover
dbx Graphic Equalizers
The dbx 231s dual 31-band, 215s dual 15-band and 131s single 31-band graphic equalizers each offer 1/3-octave constant Q equalization with switchable boost/cut ranges of ±6 or ±12dB, with a ±12dB input gain range.
The 231s, 215s and 131s all feature 4-segment LED ladder meters that provide indication of output levels, and they feature 20mm nonconductive sliders. All models have XLR and 1/4-inch TRS inputs and outputs, and are designed to offer a frequency response of <10Hz to >50kHz with greater than 108dB dynamic range.
The 266xs compressor/gate and 166xs compressor/limiter/gate both offer dbx AutoDynamic scalable program-dependent attack and release controls that adjust the actual attack and release times to match the program material.
The 266xs and 166xs are also designed to enable classic “hard-knee” compression, and allow users to manually adjust threshold, ratio, attack, release and output gain. The 266xs and 166xs can be used in stereo or dual-mono mode, and include balanced inputs and outputs with XLR and 1/4-inch TRS connectors, along with a TRS sidechain insert.
The dbx 234s/234xs stereo 2/way/mono 3-way/mono 4/way crossover and 223s/223xs stereo 2-way/mono 3-way crossover both utilize Linkwitz-Riley filters to separate the audio signal and direct the correct frequencies to the loudspeaker drivers.
The dual-channel 234s/234xs and 223s/223xs are designed to offer independent output gain controls for level matching, output phase inversion, a 40Hz low-cut filter, selectable stereo/mono operation. The 234s and 223s feature 1/4-inch TRS inputs and outputs, while the 234xs and 223xs provide XLR connections.
Check out dbx for more details.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Special offers at Waves for this Saturday Today only, Waves offers special discounts on their Trueverb and Greg Wells PianoCentric plugins as well as API Collection bundle.
- IGS releases 576 Blue Stripe IGS has released its new 576 Blue Stripe compressor unit, first introduces sooner this year at MusikMesse.
- 50% Off Four MeldaProduction Plugins This week only, MeldaProduction offers their MPowerSynth, MFreeformEqualizer, MAutoEqualizer and MMultiBandPhaser plugins at half price.