FabFilter releases a new addition to its line of effect plug-ins: FabFilter Saturn, a multi-band distortion and saturation plug-in.
FabFilter Saturn offers a range of distortion models "from subtle, clean and warm tube or tape saturation to fully overdriven vintage guitar amp simulation." Additional distortion styles are designed to let you time-smear, stretch, crush, rectify and clip your sounds. You can create up to six bands with individual feedback, compression/expansion and tone controls.
- Sixteen different distortion styles
- Multi-band processing (up to six bands)
- Per-band drive, mix, feedback, dynamics, tone and level controls
- Optional HQ mode (8x oversampling)
- Mid/side processing
- Interactive multi-band display
- Interface with FabFilter's what-you-use-is-what-you-see concept
- Normal and wide interface layouts, with an option to show or hide the modulation section at the bottom
- Modulation options, with 16-step XLFOs, XY controllers, envelope generators, envelope followers and MIDI sources
- Drag-and-drop modulation with 50-slot modulation matrix
- Modulation source signal visualization
- 150 factory presets included
- Stereo and mono plug-ins available
- FabFilter features: knobs and controllers, interactive MIDI Learn, undo/redo and A/B switch, Smart Parameter Interpolation for parameter transitions, help file with interactive help hints, automation, SSE optimization, and more
Pricing & Availability:
FabFilter Saturn is now available for EUR 129, USD 174 or GBP 114, supporting both Windows and Mac OS X in VST and VST 3, Audio Units, AAX, RTAS and AudioSuite plug-in formats. Bundles with FabFilter Saturn and other FabFilter plug-ins are also available.
Viewers of this article also read...
- discoDSP ThrillMe ThrillMe is a Windows 32-bit compressor + enhancer + limiter.
- discoDSP Vertigo R3.2 discoDSP Vertigo R3.2 has been released for Mac + PC.
- MathAudio Microphone Corrector MathAudio has released of Microphone Corrector, a new VST plug-in for Windows designed to turn a mic into an acoustic replica of another mic.