Variety Of Sound Thrillseeker XTC
Variety Of Sound has introduced Thrillseeker XTC, a freeware exciter effect plugin.
Thrillseeker XTC is described as a contemporary exciter build around a true parallel analog style equalizer design.
- Three parallel coupled equalizers containing three stateful saturators.
- Each based on a non-linear and frequency dependent algorithm with memory.
- Pre-selected frequency ranges
- LOW band: 70-450Hz
- MID band: 0.8-5kHz
- AIR band: 3.2-18kHz
- Two flavors included with different internal gain-staging
- Black version to mix at levels around -18dB RMS.
- Blue version to mix towards hotter target levels.
- Additional analog signal path idiosyncrasies modelled.
- Classic VU style metering as well as loudness unit measurements based on ITU-R BS.1770.
- Mix control for dry/wet mixing and output level control.
- Win32 / VST compatible plug-in with SSE2 assembler optimized signal path.
- Tested and known to work in various VST hosts as well as running jbridge wrapped in 64bit hosts.
More information: Variety Of Sound
Viewers of this article also read...
- Audiofile Engineering Triumph Audiofile Engineering announce Triumph, the sequel to their Wave Editor audio editing application.
- Tone2 RayBlaster Tone2 Audiosoftware has announced the forthcoming release of its new Rayblaster synthesizer plugin for Windows and Mac OS X.
- FilterBank Sale November 6-9 McDSP offers FilterBank Native for $149 ($50 savings) and FilterBank HD for $199 ($100 savings).