Waves MetaFlanger
Waves MetaFlanger
Hatsubai Hatsubai

« Awesome flanger »

Publié le 07/17/11 à 14:16
Flanging has long been a heavily used technique in the rock world. In fact, it almost got to the point where it was overused, but it seems to be going out of style at the moment. That's good for those who want to be unique again, and this plugin should help you achieve everything from a very gentle chorus to some huge jet plane flanger sound. The plugin has adjustments for mix, mix phase wet, feedback, feedback phase, filter type (low or high pass), filter frequency, filter on/off, delay, modulation, tempo sync, link modulation rate and depth controls, sine or triangle waveform, modulation effect freezing, stereo and more. The plugin is very simple to use. Just open up your favorite DAW and put it on whatever buss you want to flange. I usually put this on some sort of aux buss, personally. I never read the manual, so I can't comment on that, but Waves' manuals are generally pretty good.

First of all, this plugin is super rock solid. I've never experienced a single hiccup or crash while using this. Considering that Waves is one of the best companies in this aspect, it's really no surprise. The plugin itself is cross platform compatible, so both Windows and OS X users alike can use this without any issues. The plugin itself also doesn't take up too much RAM, and in a world where processing power/RAM mean everything, that's a huge plus. There is one issue that I have with this, however. The plugin itself is a 32 bit plugin, but my DAW is a 64 bit DAW. That means that my DAW has to launch a special bridge application to allow me to use these plugins without having to lower my RAM limit. It's a minor inconvenience, but I'd still like to see Waves update these plugins in the future. I've been using the Mercury bundle for the past half a year or so, and it's bee a great experience.

If you're looking for a very solid flanger that's very versatile, I recommend checking this out. There are some nice free plugins out there, but they're not exactly compatible with all the systems out there like this is. Really, even the standard Logic flanger is good enough for me, but I enjoy the tone that this flanger brings to the table for certain phrases and whatnot.