BBE Tremor (Plugin)

All user reviews for the BBE Tremor (Plugin)

Software Tremelo/Vibrato from BBE belonging to the Stomp Ware series.

• moosersmoosers

BBE Tremor (Plugin)Published on 10/01/10 at 11:43
    BBE's Stomp Ware Tremor is a tremolo plug-in that is found in BBE's Stomp Ware collection virtual stomp box plug-ins. There are eight plug-ins in total in the bundle, and to get any of them you'll have to buy the full bundle. This bundle is compatible across the board, but I'm running it as an RTAS plug-in in Pro Tools. Installing the full bundle was easy as you just follow the step by step instructions as you would for any software. The interface of all the plug-ins in the bundle are simple, so Tremor is no exception. It's got the look of a real stomp box pedal, with parameters for speed and depth, and a button for setting it as either a mono or stereo effect, as well as for turning the effect on or off. That's basically all there is to the plug-in, so even if you haven't used tremolo often, you should be able to figure out how to use this one relatively quick. I haven't seen a manual for this plug-in, nor do I anticipate ever needing one.

I'm running the BBE Stomp Ware Tremor and the full BBE Stomp Ware bundle on my home system, which consists of Pro Tools LE 8 and a Digi 002R audio interface. I run everything on a Mac Book Pro that has a 2.2 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo processor and 4 GB of RAM, and I usually don't have issues running plug-ins within this configuration. I've really only messed around with this plug-in, so I haven't ever had a need to run more than one at a time. Even so, it won't take up much of your processing power so most users should be able to run a good number of them before experiencing performance issues.

I'm really not a fan of the way the BBE Stomp Ware Tremor plug-in sounds. To me it's just not that realistic and doesn't offer enough control to try to get it to where you want it to be. It will certainly give you a quick and easy tremolo sound, but it's not a sound that I'd ever print with it or even one that I see myself using much in the future. There are some other cool plug-ins in the BBE Stomp Ware bundle, and it's cheap enough that it's worth checking out, but not for this plug-in in particular...