Nagra ARES BB+
sebcir sebcir
Publié le 04/23/08 à 12:13
Nagra Ares BB + - Purchased in March 2006. Main collection outdoor use, turning without images. MKH40 torque.

For a budget of around 2000 euros the era, if not too many choices with the FR-2 (Low) and magnto Sounddevices (more expensive). I wanted one with excellent magnto pramplis and autonomy.

Assets:
- Autonomy, I turn to the sound recording until three days without recharging the batteries (NiMH 2500 mV).
- The possibility to recharge the batteries in the magnto, or use batteries LR6 (they are everywhere, even in Bolivia!)
APRS-sales service Nagra, the flexibility and ergonomics (small BMOL not incremented not for the level of, masi in my case was not me ESG not too much)

Cons:

- Problem with multiple magnto. First, the beeps numriques appeared when transferring files to the computer via USB. the problem does not occur if we INSRE the CF card into a PCMCIA slot. The SAV t trs comprhensif and sent me a new magnto, just before an emergency dpart for a shoot. Later, on recordings trs low (minimal music), I had to catch up to + 30 dB. I then found a tic-tic rgulier on the left channel. Apparently, a clock that numrique repissait in the analog circuit. I sent back for service that reblind the analog circuit. For over worry! I note that other users have experienced the same problem, apparently even on a series of magnto (change of components, suppliers?).

- Accessories: Each accessory is paid in Nagra, the naked magnto comes with a USB cable, a doc on CD Rom and a CF card 1 GB (or 2 GB if you take lots of accessories!). Must then buy the power transformer (40 !!!), the power supply batteries / battery NimHun, batteries or house, the bag ... also for the bag, I use a Lowepro camera bag well mloins expensive, less convenient but it's true ...

In conclusion, the magnto perform its functions and the quality is to go (APRS screen!). But several concerns that make me think that I would do no such purchase, but I will opt for a plutt Sounddevices. or else the great ending for ERRF Nagra V or VI and why not the rolls: the Cantar ;-)