The DR-03 recorder packs 24-bit recording with built-in stereo mics into a package smaller than an energy bar.
The DR-03 records to microSD media and a 2GB card is included.
The DR-03 features playback functions like looping and Variable Speed Audition to slow down music without changing the pitch. It's designed for low handling noise when recording handheld during concerts or interviews.
• Stereo condenser microphone design
• Up to 48kHz/24-bit WAV recording or MP3 recording modes
• Records to microSD media
• Auto-recording function starts when input exceeds a reference level
• Limiter, low cut filter and auto gain control for input
• Variable Speed Audition changes the playback speed without changing the pitch
• Loop playback mode
• USB 2.0 connection for file transfer
• 1/8" stereo microphone/line input
• 1/8" stereo headphone output
• 96x96 backlit LCD display
• Powered by two AAA batteries or USB bus power
• Built-in speaker
• Built-in desktop stand
• Includes 2GB microSD card and AAA batteries
Pricing & Availability
Tascam's DR-03 is available now from select retailers for a street price under $100.
Viewers of this article also read...
- The Studio Edge: Pro Audio Recording Tutorial DVD Ask Video is now shipping The Studio Edge: Pro Audio Recording Series Tutorial on DVD, announced in July.
- DiGiCo's Little Boxes Based around the Stealth FPGA technology, the DiGiCo SD Rack is an I/O rack for any mixing console withmultiple format sample rate conversion and 448 I/O, in any combination at 96kHz, spread across multiple racks.
- Midas VeniceF Although designed for live sound, the audio performance, and the addition of a FireWire digital audio interface mean that the VeniceF can be used for both recording and remixing applications.