Tascam announces that they have upgraded the preamps in the DR-60D portable multitrack audio recorder.
The DR-60DmkII is a portable recorder designed for DSLR filmmakers and videographers, and will fit under a DSLR camera rig. This new version of the 4-track audio recorder features updated HDDA mic preamps for up to 64dB of gain.
The DR-60DmkII can record 2 XLR mic inputs and 1/8” stereo input individually to an SD card with a maximal resolution of 24-bit / 96kHz (WAV), and various recording modes are available.
- Record to SD/SDHC card (Up to 32GB)
- Simultaneously record up to 4 tracks
- Record Modes: MONO, STEREO, DUAL MONO, DUAL STEREO, 4-CHANNEL
- Recording format: 44.1/48/96kHz, 16 or 24-bit, WAV/BWF
- TASCAM HDDA microphone preamps wth 120dB EIN and 64dB of gain
- Recording levels can be adjusted independently for the 1/L, 2/R and 3-4 inputs
- Two combo XLR/TRS inputs support +4dBu mic/line level input
- Phantom power to channels 1/2 (24V or 48VDC on XLRF)
- Plug-in power and high-output mic input supported on inputs 3-4
- CAMERA OUT connector for output from the DR-60DmkII mixer (adjustable gain)
- CAMERA IN connector for sound monitoring from the camera
- Independent adjustable LINE OUT and HEADPHONE jacks for high-quality sound output
- 50mW/ch headphone amplifier
- Tripod mounting socket (bottom) and mounting screw attachment (top)
- Handles protect the screen and can be used to attach a shoulder strap
- Soft-Touch Rubber Keys for silent operation
- HOLD switch to prevent accidental operation
- QUICK button feature for easy access to various functions
- 128x64 pixel LCD with backlight
- USB 2.0 connection for high-speed transferring of files (Mini USB cable included)
- Operates on 4-AA batteries, an AC adapter (sold separately) or USB bus power (Can extend battery life with BP-6AA battery pack sold separately)
- Dedicated remote control jack for the wired RC-10 remote control or RC-3F footswitch (both sold separately)
- Internal mixer: PAN and LEVEL controls
- Low cut filter (40/80/120Hz)
- Limiter (1/L and 2/R can be selected for linked operation)
- Delay function for microphone distance adjustment (up to 150ms)
- M-S decode function
- Selectable duration of slate tone from four positions (0.5/1/2/3 sec, when auto-generated)
- Selectable slate tone generation (3 positions: OFF/HEAD/HEAD+TAIL) or manual
- File naming format can be set to use a user-defined word or date
- Dual-recording function allows two files to be recorded simultaneously at different levels
- Auto-record function can automatically start and stop recording at set leve
- Pre-recording function allows the unit to record a 2 second sound buffer before recording is activated
- Self-timer function for solo recording
- New file starts recording automatically without interruption when maximum file size is reached
- Track incrementing function allows a recording to be split by creating a new file when desired
- Jump back and play function
- Equalizer function for playback, and level alignment function to enhance the perceived overall sound pressure
- Resume function to memorize the playback position before the unit is turned off
- MARK function up to 99 points per audio track
- DIVIDE function
Full details of the new DR-60DmkII are available at tascam.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Special offers at Waves for this Saturday Today only, Waves offers special discounts on their Trueverb and Greg Wells PianoCentric plugins as well as API Collection bundle.
- IGS releases 576 Blue Stripe IGS has released its new 576 Blue Stripe compressor unit, first introduces sooner this year at MusikMesse.
- 50% Off Four MeldaProduction Plugins This week only, MeldaProduction offers their MPowerSynth, MFreeformEqualizer, MAutoEqualizer and MMultiBandPhaser plugins at half price.