Tascam introduces the DR-60DmkII portable recorder
Tascam announces that they have upgraded the preamps in the DR-60D portable multitrack audio recorder.
The DR-60DmkII is a portable recorder designed for DSLR filmmakers and videographers, and will fit under a DSLR camera rig. This new version of the 4-track audio recorder features updated HDDA mic preamps for up to 64dB of gain.
The DR-60DmkII can record 2 XLR mic inputs and 1/8” stereo input individually to an SD card with a maximal resolution of 24-bit / 96kHz (WAV), and various recording modes are available.
- Record to SD/SDHC card (Up to 32GB)
- Simultaneously record up to 4 tracks
- Record Modes: MONO, STEREO, DUAL MONO, DUAL STEREO, 4-CHANNEL
- Recording format: 44.1/48/96kHz, 16 or 24-bit, WAV/BWF
- TASCAM HDDA microphone preamps wth 120dB EIN and 64dB of gain
- Recording levels can be adjusted independently for the 1/L, 2/R and 3-4 inputs
- Two combo XLR/TRS inputs support +4dBu mic/line level input
- Phantom power to channels 1/2 (24V or 48VDC on XLRF)
- Plug-in power and high-output mic input supported on inputs 3-4
- CAMERA OUT connector for output from the DR-60DmkII mixer (adjustable gain)
- CAMERA IN connector for sound monitoring from the camera
- Independent adjustable LINE OUT and HEADPHONE jacks for high-quality sound output
- 50mW/ch headphone amplifier
- Tripod mounting socket (bottom) and mounting screw attachment (top)
- Handles protect the screen and can be used to attach a shoulder strap
- Soft-Touch Rubber Keys for silent operation
- HOLD switch to prevent accidental operation
- QUICK button feature for easy access to various functions
- 128x64 pixel LCD with backlight
- USB 2.0 connection for high-speed transferring of files (Mini USB cable included)
- Operates on 4-AA batteries, an AC adapter (sold separately) or USB bus power (Can extend battery life with BP-6AA battery pack sold separately)
- Dedicated remote control jack for the wired RC-10 remote control or RC-3F footswitch (both sold separately)
- Internal mixer: PAN and LEVEL controls
- Low cut filter (40/80/120Hz)
- Limiter (1/L and 2/R can be selected for linked operation)
- Delay function for microphone distance adjustment (up to 150ms)
- M-S decode function
- Selectable duration of slate tone from four positions (0.5/1/2/3 sec, when auto-generated)
- Selectable slate tone generation (3 positions: OFF/HEAD/HEAD+TAIL) or manual
- File naming format can be set to use a user-defined word or date
- Dual-recording function allows two files to be recorded simultaneously at different levels
- Auto-record function can automatically start and stop recording at set leve
- Pre-recording function allows the unit to record a 2 second sound buffer before recording is activated
- Self-timer function for solo recording
- New file starts recording automatically without interruption when maximum file size is reached
- Track incrementing function allows a recording to be split by creating a new file when desired
- Jump back and play function
- Equalizer function for playback, and level alignment function to enhance the perceived overall sound pressure
- Resume function to memorize the playback position before the unit is turned off
- MARK function up to 99 points per audio track
- DIVIDE function
Full details of the new DR-60DmkII are available at tascam.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Classic Gear Spotlight: The Teletronix LA-2A A number of outboard compressors from the analog era are considered legends in the audio world, among them the Fairchild 670, UREI 1176, and the subject of this article, the Teletronix LA-2A. The LA-2A offers program-dependent compression based on optical circuitry, and has been ubiquitous in studio processing chains over the years, especially for vocals.
- Big discount on the TC Electronic Massenburg EQ In October, TC Electronic lowers the price by more than 50% of the MDW Hi-Res EQ algorithm for the System 6000.
- Discover the new SSL XL-Desk console Solid State Logic unveils today its new XL-Desk tabletop analog mixing console.