< Tous les avis Shure Vocal Master
Shure Vocal Master
singingcat91 singingcat91

« Perfect and clean! »

Published on 06/21/11 at 07:11
The Shure Vocal Master is an old P.A system made in the late 60s. It was used by The 5th Dimension, The Association, Conway Twitty, and many other bands. It is a great P.A for any sized gig or club. This system has the ability to project your vocals as they are, clean and true. The main mixer I have is a VA 300 connecting to two beautiful Shure column speakers. The mixer does a great job for being old technology. It has six channels for microphones/intruments. Each channel has a volume, treble and bass knob, anti feedback switch, and a knob that controls the amount of spring reverb in the channel. The master volume knob controls the overall volume. In the back of the mixer you can connect an echo unit and have the entire mix sent to a tape recorder. Very useful for recording a live band! It has been very reliable and I haven't had one problem with it since I bought it. I once purchased a digital powered mixer and I can honestly say the sound from Vocal Master blows it out of the water. As for the size and weight of this system it is not too heavy. Each speaker column weighs about 30-40 lbs and stands about 5.5 ft tall. The whole package fits perfectly in my 2001 Ford Expedition. I paid $300 (including shipping) for it used. What killed me was the shipping cost. If you find one locally, consider paying $200. What a steal! You get a great reliable P.A system that not only sounds fantastic but looks amazing up on stage. Another great thing about this system is the User/service manual. It contains the names and part numbers for easy repair if taken to an electronic technician. There is another model with a VU meter on the mixer and another model speaker column that is shorter. I Haven't tried those out but I would give it a shot considering my experience with my Vocal Master.