Yamaha EMX5014C
Yamaha EMX5014C

Powered Mixer from Yamaha belonging to the EMX series.

JimboSpins JimboSpins

« Great with vocals and instruments »

Published on 12/31/12 at 23:08
The Yamaha EMX5014C is a powered mixer that has 10 channels and 14 inputs. There are 16 high quality effects to choose from on this mixer. When I first read the specs I didn’t think they 16 would fit me, but after hearing how good they are it was a must have. It would have been nice to have some more though especially at this price. You can rack this unit but only if you purchase a separate rack kit because it does not come with it right out of the box. You will need to purchase a kit called the RK5014 if you want to use it as a rack mount. But using it as a tabletop mixer is not bad it will look great and fit right into your set up.
I love how this mixer controls vocals; it will give you all of the tools you need to get clean and warm vocals. Plus you can add a little reverb or chorus to give them more depth. I love using this mixer for live shows depending on the style of music that we are going to be working with. This is not the ideal mixer to use for other events like weddings or banquets because you don’t need to have all of the EQ options for those events like you would a music event.
There is a 3 Band EQ on each individual channel and a master 9 band graphic EQ on the main channel to let you control the whole output of sound. You can use this mixer with just about any instrument or any type of microphone. It will sound great no matter what sound source you throw at it. I love the quality of this mixer and it is a great value for the price. I would make this choice again if needed and I recommend it to people all of the time.