EMT 140

All user reviews for the EMT 140

• moosersmoosers

EMT 140Published on 04/07/09 at 16:06
    The EMT 140 is a real plate reverb that is enclosed within a huge case that has XLR connections to send this to your console. It is a strictly analog technology and is not rackable at all - it is huge.

The configuration of the EMT 140 plate reverb is pretty basic and once you set it up you don't really have to touch it again. The studio I have used these at has their 140s in the basement and don't ever touch them. It is easy to get an awesome sound from these, simply by setting the reverb send on your console, or whatever else you might have it hooked up to. I don't have a manual for one of these, so I can't speak to how helpful it is or not when setting the EMT 140 up or using it.

The sound quality of the EMT 140 plate reverb is outstanding, and is unlike any other reverb that I have ever used. I use this on all types of instruments, including for vocals, guitars, keyboards, snare drum, percussion, and drum overheads. It truly has the most realistic reverb sound that I have ever used beyond getting a great reverb sound at the source. This is better than any plug-in replication and definitely has its own distinct sound to it that has become recognizable around music.

I've been using the EMT 140 plate reverb for about four or five years and when I can use them, I always do. They really have one of the best reverb sounds I've ever heard and I can't say enough about how real they sound. The EMT 140 is the holy grail of plate reverbs, and has really become a classic piece of gear. These are extremely expensive these days, but if you are in a studio that has them, they are a must use. Overall, the EMT 140 plate reverb is a brilliant piece of gear.