Tapco 4400
StudioMano StudioMano

«  Vintage ... but effective! »

Published on 02/02/13 at 07:58
Value For Money : Poor
The Tapco 4400 is a spring reverb dating it seems the 80s: two separate channels and équalisables (4 bands), rack, connectivity in jacks.

Config very simple: we go, adjusting the input level is equalized and adjusts the output level!

I use it on my console for auxiliary mix of Dub, especially on snare drums, brass, pianos and skanks ... and everything that is rhythmic in Dub. Dub for the former is class! Not realistic it goes without saying, but boinnggg effective installation atmosphere, and its close reverbs used at the time of King Tubby and Lee Perry (without lamps alas ...). The "thunder" (thunder by tapping on the cover) is very effective ;)

I use it for a few months now. My machine has not been very well maintained, the crack and connectors are not always binding. A little breath, but what do you want, it is the analogue pay! A little revision it would not hurt ...
€ 400 is expensive for what it is, but hey, it's like that now with the old stuff! I love this reverb however, for what I did, and I will pamper to push as far as possible!

You can listen to my prods is the reverb that I use on all tracks: https://soundcloud.com/la-face-b-dub. Take the opportunity to give an opinion.
If you like "The B Side", you can liker here: https://www.facebook.com/lafacebdub?ref=hl
Thank you!